Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dolly Update: Hooves




I have yet to find a new farrier for Dolly. My "usual" farrier stood me up on two different occasions now, once for over 2 weeks and still never showed! So my husband and I decided to put out nippers, a rasp, and a hoof knife and give it a try.

Just doing the front hooves took our ENTIRE SUNDAY. And we still haven't quite finished them. I'm going to have to try to find a new farrier. I only hope that we haven't done such a horrible job that she goes lame or something.







And we also tried sled-jouring again! This time, I put the chest strap on for pulling the sled, and a saddle so that I could try riding Dolly. My husband had to get out of the sled to take this photo... he was glad, though, because he'd nearly frozen his legs off at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment