Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year

Well this will probably by my last post of 2010 as tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day. I did get out with Linus today and am planning to get out with him again tomorrow morning first thing. Then its FINALLY off to Stirling for us to visit with Brian and Lynn of Homefire Curly Horses where Linus was born/bred. And I get to see his preggers Mommy too...can't wait!! Not to mention the rest of the herd. I love them all....but I do have my favourites there too. The weather is not looking too promising but I'm no wussy and neither is Lynn...and we know the Curlies aren't so we are hoping to bid 2010 goodbye and 2011 hello with a bang!!! I'm sure we will have a blast no matter what the weather does....maybe we'll even be able to rope Brian into joining the Cowboy division for 2011....we'll see.
Today, Linus and I continued with our ground manners and pressure. When he starts to get ahead of me on walks I now make him Whoa and back up. This has caused him to continue on with his head lower and usually licking and chewing too. I'm so stoked over the relationship we are building together. The nearby riding school (HUGE into natural horsemanship) has given me a great idea to try with Linus. They hook toboggans up to their horses and go for rides. Just your basic kids toboggan and away they go. Obviously it will take some work before getting on and trying it out but I'm sure he will pick it up fast with where he is in his driving training.
I'm actually bringing up some harness for Lynn to use on *Moon, his sire.....its being passed from son to father. Kinda cute eh??
Last but not least, thank you to every single participant in the 2010 competition. I was late to join last year. Mainly because believe it or not I'm incredibly shy. However, I love to write and it didn't take me long to fall in love with the RAC and all that it offers. I have loved blogging and reading all of your posts too. We're very excited for the 2011 competition. 2010 gave us some really awesome training ideas which was great being that Linus is the first horse I have ever trained. Best of luck to everyone and may you all have a safe, happy and healthy new year.
Cheers!!
- Donna and Linus

2 comments:

  1. Donna, be safe, stay warm and work on Brian. Be sure to save a party hat and a noise maker for Linus -- you know you always have to bring the kids back something when you travel?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I am so glad you joined. You brought so much to the RAC! And, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for offering the quilt prize. I love it already! What a magnificent gesture on your part.

    ReplyDelete