Saturday, June 11, 2011

Lyle's Good Turn


Here is the good turn that Lyle gave me after he left his safe place. We have gone out into the larger part of the hay shed because I wanted to give him a little bigger challenge and I wanted to change the setting a little.

Lyle wanted to obey me. He only needed a little re-assurance. And it was his "safe place" that allowed him to think and to find the re-assurance that he needed within his own heart and mind.

Thank you,

Penny Johnson

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

Kootenai Curly Horses

2 comments:

  1. Penny, I love seeing all these training techniques you are using! I like the "safe place mat."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, Thank you. They are all in Allen Pogue's "Imagine a Horse" videos. Every one of them. His methods are literally giving Lyle a second chance to be a good riding horse. Again thank you for caring about a nice little horse named Lyle.
    Sincerely,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete