Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lyle, the Therapy Horse




Dear Reader,

I am not ashamed to write what follows even though it will reveal my own physical weakness and vulnerability. I am afflicted with chronic encephalitis. This often causes me great pain and disability. I refuse to use pain killers because I would rather be in intense pain and have a personality than have no pain and be an empty shell. On Sept. 8 I had an intense flare of my encephalitis. I was really in pain and could not ride. Today, although still in great pain, very weak and very shaky, I did ride. So after Lyle being ignored for 8 days, I went and, with no ground work, saddled him and got on. And he was good. We did not do much because I was so very weak. But we did do a little "work." We went and checked to see if any of the fruit on the fruit trees was ripe or not. The apple tree was almost ripe. Lyle and I shared an apply. Enjoy the pictures. I am thankful that God would allow a person like me to ride a horse. I have no words to express this gratitude. Enjoy the pictures.

Kind Regards,

Penny Johnson

Bonners Ferry, Idaho


No comments:

Post a Comment