Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Beginning!


I am so excited to be a part of RAC! The photo you see is of me on my curly, Custer's Warrior Dun (a.k.a. Custer), in the early Spring of 2008. We had just gotten him back from his 90 days of training and "Mom" (me) was going for the first ride at home. He was still a stallion when the photo was taken and I soon learned that his studly tendencies and attitude were taking up much of our riding time, so we had him gelded and while it was a HARD decision, it's been a MAJOR improvement in his attitude. I last rode him in June 2008, then broke my foot and was in a cast until this past October. So, Custer was unridden during that time, unfortunately. The RAC will give me encouragement to invest more time into him and move him to a new level (as well as me!). I've owned him since he was about 8 months old (he's coming 4 this spring) and if love for your curly could win the contest, we'd win it hands down! He's my baby, but I'm ready for him to grow up a little and see the sights. I think the contest will help us do that! So I am happy to start working towards getting back in the saddle!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry, typing so fast...Custer's name is Warrior's Custer Dun, not Custer's Warrior Dun. (That's what happens when you get in a hurry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great having you and Custer with us this year, Lynda! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello all and a Happy New Year,

    Our sons, Martin, Andrew and Nicholas were at the ranch most of the day and we spent a lot of time with our favorite Curly pals. Warrior Mead Berndt "Lakota" and Renegait Chesterfield "Chester". We mostly worked on ground work and grooming. Yes, our boys do love to be groomed and given lots of treats for standing like gentlemen (especially Lakota)!

    Lynda, thank you again for bringing Lakota into our life - I am discovering how truly wonderful and funny his sense of humor can be.

    Best wishes to all for a healthy and happy 2009,

    Angie
    Golden Curls Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thanks Denise for your continued encouragement and always giving me great advice, I so look forward to the contest and can't wait for some longer days of sunshine and warmer weather so I can really get busy!

    Angie, best "curly" wishes to you and your family and you are very welcome for Lakota! I know he is being well loved and taken care of! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete