Monday, November 7, 2011

Fun Refresher!

I started out today thinking that I was accomplishing points for doing a task on a windy day...even though I already had done this once. So, imagine my Duh! moment when I sat down and actually read over everything again on my log forms and noticed that it's not EVERY task that you can do multiple times. I then laughed at myself but I wasn't upset that we had repeated a lot of the challenges so many times. It was still worth doing! So, even though today wasn't for points I still had a really awesome time with Linus. 

I've really been getting the itch to drive him again but since I was on my lunch break again, I really didn't think I would have time to hitch him and have a nice drive. So, we just brushed up on our ground driving. I was actually intending to give him the day off but after they had their feed he stayed at the gate waiting for me while Allie went back to grazing. So, I figured if he wanted to do something, why not! We didn't work very long or at all hard. I could not believe the difference in his size since the last time I did this...I can no longer see over his rump!! The picture does a great job of making him look big bummed!
I was very impressed though with how well Linus remembered all of the cues. He reminded me of a recent post from Betsy and Job. We weaved in and out of trees and around obstacles. He was golden when Allie starting squealing and calling him. She flew from end to end of their pasture. Linus totally ignored her and kept listening to me. He is such a great guy.

Here is a picture of the back yard at the farm. It really doesn't do it any justice but this is one of our favourite places to have a quick ride. Linus loves it. It's very pleasant and what's really cool is that I planted or helped to plant the majority of the trees that are there when they were tiny.

Donna & Linus
Ontario, Canada

2 comments:

  1. Donna,
    Refresher are a good thing...I need lots of them{:> Linus is so lucky to have a good human friend like you{:>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your area is beautiful, Donna, and so is your handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete