Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday trail ride

Another good trail ride with me on my trusty AhD and Ian on Mister Man. Repeat of yesterday; we even took the exact same trail. AhD was up to his old tricks at first, with two fake spook-and-a-whirl near the beginning. Mister Man was also up to his tricks with refusing to go forward, but Ian is learning how to read his horse and put him back on track before he turns around. Once we got going, we had a really good time again! AhD willingly went second in line, but he tried to take out his frustration by biting Mister on his hind legs, so I had to put a stop to that. The weather was good; we had a break in the rain, but as soon as we got back, it started pouring. Good timing!
We gave our horses lots of rubs and hugs after our ride, and put them out on the pasture. AhD was feeling his oats because he let out a few bucks and snorts as they headed out. I hope the summer is treated my fellow RACers right and please post so we can read what you are all up to!

3 comments:

  1. Susan it sounds like you are haveing a ball this summer with your horses, I was looking and wondering if you had a different saddle??
    I hope you keep up your great pace and maybe just maybe you will beat me this year.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey susan, delighted to see AHD's new gelding companion! And that you are enjoying him with your son, Ian. What a great thing!! I say 3 is a charm, so your next ride out should be the best! I think the figure out that this is going to be a regular thing and stop all the silliness. ;-))) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harold, I used my black Wintec saddle this weekend. It is light and comfy. You made me curious about how much I have ridden this year, so I looked back at the months, and I have ridden the LEAST in the month of June. Rain, rain, rain here...the weatherman said it is going to go down as the coldest, wettest June in 100 years. And what about your Badlands trip, eh? Tell your bro to cough up those pictures. Denise, the more skills Ian gains the better our rides will go together. AhD and I have been "rounding up" Mister, and AhD has been awesome about sidling right up to him, blocking him, and pushing him in the right direction. :) That uppity attitude comes in handy sometimes.

    ReplyDelete