Sunday, May 10, 2015

Fun

The past few days I've been trying to keep up the riding experience during April and managed to ride almost every day. As before, it's lots of fun.
It's the first year, that I can acctually ride this much. The horse is becoming more and more trained with increased stamina and starts to have fun galloping. Having a rather tricky (as in dominant) horse, she's not always easy to convince to do something and has her own opinion of many things. But the more I ride, the better it works and the more fun we have. I usually start with some schooling in the outdoor riding ring and then continue with a short trail ride. Today, there was a lot of noise at the stable and she got very anxious as she couldn't figure out what the noise was (some machines cutting wood and other work stuff). So I changed my plan of a pure long trail ride to schooling and then a shorter trail ride. It was great weather, the sun was shining and it was fun training and afterwards riding through the forest. It's very relaxing and invigorating at the same time to go out riding on a beautiful day without any worries or work related stress.
I hope everyone else had a great weekend with good riding times as well!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Good plan to adjust your original ideas to the surroundings! My horse just learned to canter/gallop last year with a rider and I agree, it takes some adjusting but they learn to love it!!! I bet you're enjoying it too!!!

    ReplyDelete