Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our first lesson

I had my first riding lesson with Apache today. We have had Apache for a year, so I guess it was about time. Apache has been trained (and raced) western horse and my background is in dressage, but we have begun to understand each other during the year. And in fact we are mainly trailing. But now we instructor and because I could not decide between western and dressage, I selected Haut Ecole ;)

The subject of the first lesson was decent walk and bending. And we ware able to make few steps very fine walk. I really enjoyed... next lesson is after two weeks :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer that Dressage should be praticed in every disipline so you can go anywhere! I'm assuming you are not in the U.S. (could be wrong sorry if I am) But we have some Western Dressage riders or Cowboy Dressage they call it. I've seen a few preformances but I don't know much else about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great that you had your first lesson with Apache! I always enjoy having lessons!
    Can you tell some more about Haut Ecole? I don't know this term and what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be European way. In Vienna is perhaps the most famous Haut Ecole (or Haute Ecole or Renaissance) riding school. Spanish walk, Levade and Capriole is the highest level of that style.

    And I always forget signature,

    Eeva and Apache from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks, now I know what you mean! Be sure to send in pictures of the Capriole;)
    I also usually forget the signature, thanks for reminding me,

    Jessica from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete