Saturday, October 17, 2009

Powerline Ride

We had a beautiful ride down the power line this evening. Crisp air, clear sky, and the smell of leaves underfoot was heaven to the senses! AhD was a good boy. Doesn't he look like such a good boy in this picture, all innocent? Well, he WAS good...perhaps not as good as the Angel Face in the photo, but fun ride all the same. We veered off the power line and headed into the woods for awhile. There seemed to be a lot of colored leaves underfoot but a lot of green leaves still on the trees. Not a typical fall. We bushwacked and came across a tree stand. AhD was all antsy near it; I assume my neighbor had been sprinking some deer scent around the area. Back out on the powerline, we crossed the stream. AhD stopped to splash a bit, as usual. He is so fun to ride! We rode the powerline until we came to a very steep hill that was too much for my boy Ian on Mister, so we backtracked and cantered up a nice trail in the woods. As we came out into the sun, it was so pretty that Ian took the photo op. Me and my handsome steed. We headed home, but I just didn't get in quite enough riding, so back out AhD and I went. I decided to take one of my Labs, Grace, because she absolutely loves to tag along. AhD has come so far in his tolerance of dogs; he actually paid Grace no mind. And he is getting the idea that snatching leaves and grass on the trail is no longer allowed, because his attempts were halfhearted at best. I really enjoyed this two part ride and wish it could have been longer! I have firm plans to get in another ride tomorrow, and I hope you fellow RAC'ers can/will do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment