Saturday, August 6, 2011

Curly promotion with Suri

Today I had a great day of Curly promotion. A girl in the Netherlands had found my website about Curlies and contacted me. She loves horses but had not been able to ride or be around horses because of her allergies. Today she came over to meet my horses and test if she would have any reaction. She came with her dad. First we petted Voelie but because she had not been around horses much she was quite intimidated with every move from Voelie (she was not wild but she does move around:) Then I took Suri out and Suri stood perfectly still for her to pet and touch her all over and she felt really confident around Suri. I tied Suri and then gave her a brush, it was the first time she was able to brush a horse! And again Suri stood completely still! As if she knew an inexperienced person was handling her! Then I asked if she wanted to 'ride'. It was the first time for me having someone else on Suri but I felt completely confident. She was really happy and really wanted to ride so we saddled Suri and I got on first for a few rounds. Then I got off, gave her my helmet and we practiced how to get on the horse and of course she was inexperienced and it took longer to mount but Suri never moved! Then I led them around and she practiced steering in walk and she was so happy and I was so happy too and also so proud of my horse.
I was wearing my RAC t- shirt too:) After the ride I helped her unsaddle and put the halter back on, here too Suri acted as if she has years of experience as a schoolmaster horse and gave her so much confidence. This is exactly perfect for showing inexperienced people a horse! I was so proud!
After I talked with her and her dad more about the breed and they were both very enthousiastic so I think this counts as a good conversation for the promotion of Curlies:)

3 comments:

  1. What a great day! And what a good girl Suri was! You must have been so proud of her. What a thrill to introduce someone to horses again and even take a ride....wow. And yes...very much it counts for great promotion points!! Way to go Jessica!! (and Suri!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suri sounds like a doll and perfect for promoting. Way to go, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job Suri!! Oh and you to Jessica :) It really is a treat to have those great horses and be able to show the rest of the world how special they really are.

    ReplyDelete