Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Working with a lady


When I had my mare "Legacy" at our dressage trainer a couple years ago, he commented on how much this mare is a "lady" .....she is quiet, she is regal and she is an amazing mover....and after spending the last month working with her on a daily basis...I quite agree, this mare is a lady, and a might fine one at that.






I am now able to work Legacy on a daily basis. At first, I had to make myself go to the barn, but after weeks working with this mare, you can not keep me inside! Legacy and I are making the journey to be harness horse and driver....to drive is a life long dream, and we are headed towards that dream at a slow, but careful pace.


I sometimes get out of position and lose contact, but Legacy is quite patient and she never fusses at all.

Here she patiently waits while that human out of her sight line, gets her act together...LOL


We ventured outside yesterday, it was the first day pulling the tire, and the first day working outside our arena.....yippeeeeee !! and nothing bothered Legacy, there was a very noisy truck and trailer that passed by us about 50 yards away, she never flinched. Legacy and I are making this journey together, slow but sure and enjoying every second of the trip!

3 comments:

  1. She is a pretty lady, for sure. I have trouble keeping up with Ah-D ground driving, and I have two original hips1 I like legacy's expression in the photo where she is pulling the tire outside. So willing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear LInda,
    The look on Legacy's face is lovely. Her concentration is relaxed and her interest in what she is doing is profound. I especially like the set of her head in the second picture where you are driving her in long lines. I wish you and Lady Legacy the best.
    Sincerely,
    Penny Johnson
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Kootenai Curly Horses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lagacy looks lovely! Great job on training her for driving and having so much fun together, keep it up and I am sure she will do great!

    ReplyDelete