Monday, July 13, 2009

A barrel racing Curly?


Hello All,

I tried to upload a recent show ride from youtube but no luck so here is a link if your interested in watching Cinnamon River and I work on more patterns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmavqA-URQ4

I am a member of IPHDA. IPHDA stands for International Professional Horse Development Association and I know the president Rod Miller. His goal is to allow horse owners to show how trained "broke" their horses are and compete with other owners and their horses. Since I wanted to show off my Curly horses to others without leaving my ranch (saving money and time) I decided to jump in the saddle. It is a great program and there are many wonderful riders and horses from all over the world who compete.

Well, I wanted to share this story ....my friend who is videoing us is a competitive barrel racer. Texas loves football and barrel racing. So I asked her to video Cinnamon River and I so I can submit the video to IPHDA and compete with other folks. Well, I am not much of a pattern reader....obviously - and I get easily confused on which pattern we are on each month 'cause on my first submission the judge said..."horse has potential rider needs to read the pattern". So, on this one - I realized as I am loading the pattern up on the IPHDA website again - it's the wrong pattern. Again no score....my friend just laughs and said with a Texas twang..."girlfriend, you needa do barrels .....there's only three barrels you hafta go around...you can't miss 'em"


Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment