Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lovely Day!

We had an incredibly beautiful day in Maine today for a trail ride, so I thought I'd share some pictures. The sun was out, the woods were spectacular, and there was a nice breeze blowing, so it wasn't muggy at all, and there were very few flies.
I love the way the sun shines down through the woods and dapples the trail. There was a stand of tall pines here, and walking on pine needles is so gentle on the horses's feet and smells so nice!

This is where my neighbor spotted the moose standing on the trail the other day. Down a piece from here, we crossed a rushing brook. AhD was WONDERFUL He stepped right in up to his knees, took a good long drink, and then proceded to the other side. He showed his buddy Mister the correct way to cross. We had no spooks today, even though we passed a neighbor using a chain saw and another working on his house with power tools. A motorcycle passed us with no problem. I guess Mister has showed AhD a thing or two also. ;)


This little teeny meadow in the middle of nowhere held snacks for all four of us, grass for the horses and wild strawberries for us. It was a good and relaxing break before we headed back. A day to remember.



4 comments:

  1. I just love that first photo. :) It makes me all anxious to get back on some trails again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan! sorry I missed your Friday post. I am so glad your 3rd ride was a charm! lol. But of course, you really set yourself up well with all that great ground work! Good for you. Loved seeing you and Ian out again and the lovely countryside. It must be so fun to have a buddy with you! I am sure AHD loves it too. Eventually, they will get in the rhythum and routine and it will be like old hat....especially if you are consistant...which you definitely are! Awesome also about AHD's shuffle...must be so fun to ride. Keep the stories coming, we never tire of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, thanks for your warm comments about my post dedication to my Dad. I love your wonderful stories about AhD! Keep them coming.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rides, stories and photos! Such gorgeous county! Can't wait to join you some day.

    ReplyDelete