Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Quest of our Holy Grail- Wyman's Falls

For some time now, I have wanted to see Wyman's Falls. I heard about the falls in a passing conversation years ago--- seen the sign for Wyman's Falls Road... no idea where they actually were located, or what kind of waterfall they might be. Zoe and I have several times tried to find a trail from the farm to Wyman's Falls Road- no luck so far... so when we discussed our destination for our Monday ride.. I suggested we try again. Only this this time we'll ride on the roads to Chester and look from there. Zoe remembers a trail from long ago that MIGHT indeed take us to where we want to be.


This turns out to be a very long arduous ride - fraught with doubt and suspense :) We feel like the original crusaders.. on a quest for what might be reality-- could be myth.



I have posted lots of photo's and the full trip on my farm blog-- but here I will just post photo's of the falls. They are real-- and they are beautiful.


















Someday I will hike in here and get photo's from standing in the brook... each cascade of water is higher, with caves underneath- and deep pools eroded out of ledge. It was difficult to get pictures from horseback, the edge was slippery rock and moss... and scarey :) well worth the trip in. In studying maps when I returned home-- I believe there may be a better way to approach the falls- safer and possibly shorter. Perhaps we'll try that on another day.
enjoy ~ and be sure to visit the farm blog for an in depth view of our Crusade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how lucky you are to live in such a beautiful area....thanks for sharing!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete