Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fall Riding



Lynn & Samurai. 
At 16'3 HH Samurai is amongst the very largest of Curlies.

All winter preparations are now complete and now it's time to wait for snow.  We've had the nicest week weather-wise and it looks like the warm temperatures and sunshine will last until Monday.  For the first time all year (hmmm - probably in the last 2 years, come to think of it) I've managed to ride 4 out of the last 7 days and am loving every second of it.  I have to be careful as the horses are well on their way to growing their winter coats and could easily over heat in this weather but otherwise it's been a complete pleasure to be out there with them again.
We were fortunate to have Trish from Yanagi Stables spend a couple of days with us this week.  It's always nice to have someone to push me a little further than I am inclined to push myself.

Some great news on the horizon.  Donna (of Linus fame!) and her family will be visiting at the end of the month.  It's been too long since we've seen each other.  I am hoping Donna and Stu will get some riding time in while they are with us.  Of course Owen will partake - he's always up for a ride and ANY horse will do.  The next bit of good news is the farmer who leases 24 acres from us has agreed not to till the soil this year so that area of the property will be prime for riding on.  It's the first time since we've lived here that this field will be fully accessible to us.

Last note before I head out - thank you to everyone who posts on this blog.  I enjoy reading about the adventures and the great work being done to promote the Curly horse.

5 comments:

  1. So happy that you are able to get out and ride so much lately!! We are REALLY looking forward to our visit. Lets hope our luck has changed and we can finally have a rain-free visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fat chance on the rain free visit - let's be at the Santa parade AND ride anyways ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, I feel your joy at being able to ride so much lately! I am the same way. :) Samurai is HUGE. (is he even done growing??) He looks very happy to be under saddle, and you look so relaxed. I'm glad you are posting. Please post again when Donna comes to visit. I'd love to see Donna riding a Curly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I would do both in the rain!! BTW, Sam looks fantastic in those photos. You look so happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Samurai is taller than my curly draft mule, Josie! Lovely picture and now I do hope you'll share what his breeding is...

    Brie

    ReplyDelete