Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Very short curly mule / Sage post

Did anyone make it to the Equine Affair last weekend, and if so, were there Curlies??

I had planned on going down Sunday to see the Steve Edwards demos about mule training (a very relevant topic in my life lately) but ended up spending the weekend getting in hay and riding Sage instead. It was incredibly warm and sunny yesterday and while Sage's feet are still a bit tender, we had a lovely ride just staying in the field on the grass. I have to remember that not *every* ride has to be about covering a certain amount of miles or making it from point A to point B. We had so much fun just toodling around the field and Sage seemed really happy under saddle for the first time in almost a month.

We had one glorious canter up the hill next to the pasture, and our other two equines started cantering around and bucking too. Everyone was in good spirits from the warm weather.

curly mule, draft curly mule

And has anyone else gone through the process of learning to drive a trailer? Backing up was giving me panic attacks and nervous breakdowns but I persevered through that and managed to back up around a corner on the first try, twice! (I also managed not to hit the huge hay barn I had to back up alongside and that was an accomplishment, let me tell you.)Feeling more confident about taking Sage out on some adventures by myself now...

curly mule, molly mule, vermont

We had an herbalist / animal communicator/ nutritionist (Kelley Robie) come out and visit Josie and it was amazing to see how friendly and cuddly Josie was around her. We have never seen her like that before! It was amazing. We're starting her on some new supplements but we have been absolutely gobsmacked by how outgoing Jo has been ever since Kelley visited.

curly mule, curly draft molly mule in vermont

2 comments:

  1. "Gobsmacked" - I love it! Great new word. I'd love to hear more about the animal communicator because I'm very curious to know just what the heck is going on inside of AhD's mind sometimes. :) Brie, don't feel bad about the Driving the Trailer Blues. I think some people are naturally space-oriented and catch on much more quickly than others. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies, count me in as a member of "Driving the Trailer Blues". I hate backing up my horse trailer and always make sure to have my truck ready to drive straight out before parking{:>
    Thankfully, backing our Curlies up is far easier than our trailers.
    Give our hugs to Josie and Sage,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete