Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Spring!!!....not...

We were treated to some nice 70 degree days at the beginning of March...things looked up then...the first day of Spring happened and boom 3" of snow and 15 degrees.

But the show must go on right?  This past weekend I took Theo and Jane to a clinic with our trainer.
Theo still seemed sore but there is nothing really "wrong" with him so I had my trainer get on.  Turns out he just had my number and didn't want to use his right hind leg causing him to lean on the inside rein.  15 minutes with Brad (the trainer) and Theo looked better then I've seen him in a long time.  The next day getting on it was like a different horse.  I guess I have some work to do with my riding to make sure I don't let him get back to not using that leg.

Jane was quite the character this weekend.  Sunday she came out ready to go.  I had to do some galloping before I could get her mind back in the game.  All she wanted to do is run and jump.  We got some great trot work out of her on Saturday and I'm really starting to feel her fitness level coming up.

Yesterday they both got their shots, coggins and teeth floated so they are ready for shows.  Today the Chiropractor came back out to check Theo and look at Jane.  Both were adjusted but nothing too bad.

I'll be attending a clinic with Dom Schramm in less then two weeks with Theo.  Dom and his wife Jimmie have a youtube show called Evention TV, check it out they are pretty funny and helpful.  They are both 3* event riders and Jimmie will be in the Rolex this year.  I'm pretty excited to see what we can learn from them.

Then Jane will be attending the Midwest Horse Fair mid April so I'll be nice and busy for our April game.



 I had 3 layers on but by the end of this lesson I was nice and warm.




1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy!! What a wacky time for weather isn't it? You just don't know what to wear! Good luck with all your show prep and clinics, sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete