Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dream On Curls Promotion

I had a wonderful time on Friday schmoozing around with the people at Betsy and Zoe Lirakis' open house for Dream on Curls theraputic riding center. We had beautiful weather, a true hot summer day in Vermont, and I met some of the nicest people on the planet. I thoroughly enjoyed Zoe's demo featuring the person Lily on the Curly Lilly and was very impressed with Lily's learned skills and Lilly's patience and obedience. These Curly horses we are all so obsessed with really are great horses, aren't they? After the demo and chatting up Curlies and the benefits of theraputic riding with the spectators, I went to work, grilling about 100 hotdogs and 100 hamburgers for the hungry crowd. Since I was Staff for a day, Betsy gave me a lovely lavender tee to wear which pictures a Curly on the back. (I love this comfy shirt so much that I wore it to work Monday!) There were lots of door prizes and a Chinese auction under a big tent. All the riders received a blue ribbon, so there were lots of smiling faces. I worked with some AWESOME volunteers, including two teenage girls who set to work painting faces and kept it up with good humor for hours. After the big To Do, the hostesses and a few volunteers relaxed under the big tent and enjoyed a small but cool breeze. WHAT A DAY! One which I would gladly repeat! That evening, I even had the great honor of riding Betsy's very, very favorite special Curly Keri. Not only is Keri gorgeous, but she was very responsive to my cues and moved right out with nice, ground-reaching even strides at the walk, trot and canter. I fell in love with Betsy's Barefoot treeless saddle, too, and if I ever have the $$$$ I will be sure to snap one up. I was too busy to take pictures, but I did manage to snap one of the tent site (above) the morning after, and ...
one of these two beautiful bays, Luna and Nimue greeting me over the fence just before I headed out.
I hope my fellow RAC'ers are having as much fun as I am promoting Curlies this month, but you all have your work cut out for you!

1 comment:

  1. Susan,

    Sounds like a awesome day with good friends Betsy and Zoe, you must have hearts as big as Texas! Keep up the good work.

    Hugs to all my Curly friends,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete