Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Little Bareback




My boy's bold attitude is really rubbing off on his ol' lady, because here she is riding her crazy Curly pony bareback. Ian reminds me how much fun it is to be young and fearless, and since AhD has been listening to me lately when I say, "no, don't go yet," and waits for my, "ok, now you can go" language, I feel more in control. After couple of days ago after our trail ride, we hopped back on bareback to ride down the lawn to the barn door, but ended up tooling around her and there on our ponies. Wow, was that fun, and it felt sooo good to wrap my legs around my Didder at the trot and canter. AhD isn't one of those smooth trotters, but I felt very comfortable and right at home, even at his fast trot. No worries! And, I swear AhD likes it. He needs to be all warmed up and listening to me before I'll even consider it. Like Angie's barrel racing, this is a thigh-buster! I should do it more often. :)
We are finishing up our rides in the dark. I just had to show the bling of my beautious saddle blanket in case Harold is looking.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you two!!! This is wonderful! Love the bling, and I KNOW Harold will too!! LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lady,

    Your bling is so shiny it's blinding...Oh my goodness you have taken us up a notch now we all need to ride bareback too! he he...Denise what da think for a new RAC challenge?

    Susan, you and your handsome pony, AhD are gorgeous together and you can see the respect and love for you in AhD's eyes. (Our sons are great motivators too!)

    Note: soaking in Epsom Salts helped alot :) and ...we are going back to barrel race Tuesday nite - yee haw!

    Hugs,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete