Monday, August 3, 2009

A new trick




This ol' dog learned a new trick from another ol' dog. When on the trail during those hot, muggy deerfly-filled August days, tuck a branch of hemlock under the bridle. It REALLY worked!!! My friend Ulla had a branch of poplar in there as well, but apparently it is the hemlock that truly repels those nasty biting flies. Oh, and yes, I am on the phone, on an emergency incoming call. "Mom, can I go over to Pat's house?"After trekking through the woods on some beautiful trails, we headed back out to one of my favorite fields.An excellent ride! And my beloved AhD was close to perfect in the new hackamore - very well behaved. No close-up pictures today because my thighs in those breeches would probably scare all of you, but as you can see in the field picture, my Curly and I are quite well matched with our ampleness. After this wonderfully refreshing, lovely ride, I get back to the house to get ready to go out to the store, and my middle teenage son says, "Mom, you're not going to WalMart in those tight thingys, are you?" I had to giggle and give him a hug. Ain't kids grand with their emergency calls and thoughtful comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment