Sunday, August 30, 2009

Friends and Family



I had a spectacular ride with my boy Ian and my friend Ulla today. The weather was perfect, a cool late summer day. There were a few midges in the woods but no deer flies. We rode trails all around my place, walk, trot and canter. Dozie the Morgan generally led the way, with AhD in the middle and Mister Man the QH taking up the rear. Other than biting Mister (a dominance thing) and Dozie (a sexy thing), AhD was just about perfect! He listened to me, kept up a nice pace, and best of all, not one single intentional "spook."Here we are taking a horse cookie and blackberry break on the power line. Look how good AhD is being, staying in place while I take the picture!
And this picture shows how awesome he is being to hang behind while Ian went up ahead with Mister! I was so pleased. I've saved my best news for last. Today, I galloped AhD - a wonderful in-hand controlled gallop. WOW! It was thrilling! It was so much fun, we all decided a do-over was necessary, so I thought to myself, ok, I don't want AhD to think we are going to gallop in this place every time, so I'm going to hold him back. Well, he listened without pitching a fit while the other horse took off...and he listened so well, that I eased him into a beautiful canter, the smoothest, well-balanced canter together we have ever had! So, we had a fantastic day, one to remember. Happy trails! -Susan and AhD


2 comments:

  1. What a great ride! Don't you just love this cool brisk air?? ;-) Only horse folks are the ones not complaining.

    Your consistant hard work is paying off with AHD, Susan! It really shows! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete