Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Keep em Coming!

Please, please, please keep the blog posts coming about the get together weekend. I so badly wanted to be there so I will have to pretend I was through all of your stories!!
Friday night when I switched Linus to his other, smaller pasture he gave me some attitude. Nothing much and certainly not a surprise from a horse as young as he is. But, still I am not wanting to let him get away with things and get cocky. I think part of it is that it has been so hot through the week that I haven't done much with him except for hitching him up on the weekends. So, Saturday morning before we really got going with our Anniversary plans I did some groundwork with him in his pasture and by the end he was following me, backing up and keeping his quarters out of my space. He was actually a lot better behaved than I expected he would be.
Sunday we went through some of my Great Uncle's harness to see if there was anything good. But Dad said it was old when Uncle George got it so there wasn't much. I did take a belt buckle off that my uncle had rigged to put in the centre of the horse's bridle high on his forehead. I wil rig it to Linus' too someday when he is in a horse size one. Uncle George is unfortunately long gone but was like a father to my Dad, so we were very close too. Its nice to have that little token on my horse now.
We hitched Linus up and he pulled the buggy without a bat of the eye. He is catching on so quickly. I need to get a better driving bridle though. The one that came with his harness is too big. For now I am using a cheap riding bridle which is sliding too much. Before I get one though I will try him with the bitless bridle and harness. I haven't tried that yet because I have loaned it to Karalee to try on one of her horses who hates bits.
Tonight I took Linus for a walk up the road, just halfway because it was getting dark. 4 cars, a noisy lawnmower, 3 strange dogs and a couple walking a dog greeted us and Linus was not bothered at all by any of it. I am a very bias horse owner; there isn't a one out there as gorgeous as my boy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment