Thursday, June 24, 2010

After Work Ride

We took our ponies out for a spin while the skies were temporarily clear. We headed up the road and turned on to one of our favorite trails, exploring one side trail that was excellent! The weather was muggy and the deer flies were absolutely ferocious, but we had fun anyway. We decided to come back via the road, and we trotted along ahead of the deer flies, dodging raindrops. AhD was incredibly good, yet again – I don’t know what has gotten into him! ;)
I was excited to try my new wide trail stirrups that I spied for sale on Curly Horse Country and just HAD to have. Thank you, Linda V; I love them! Betsy, they are every bit as comfortable as you said, and I actually think they help me have a more secure seat.
This field was so beautiful, we just couldn’t resist taking a turn in to admire the view. My Didder was pretty sweaty by the time we returned, what with the muggy weather and all that trotting. Ian climbed up into our apple tree and rewarded our handsome steeds with a luscious green apple treat. Take advantage of these long summer days while you can, fellow RACers!

3 comments:

  1. What a great ride! I wish Traveler and I were on the trail with you (except for the flies, I could do without those.) I like your little ear protectors for AhD - I should get some for Traveler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice ride! Thanks for taking us along with you, Susan!! =]I LOVE my ez ride stirrups too....can't be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, I can't believe Ahd is being good with that saddle or I think it is and that weird looking pad. I think if I were him I would have to act up a little bit just to rattle you cage for the things you are putting on him. Not even going to mention the weird hat you are wearing.
    Harold
    ps of words are misspelled it's cause my fingers are sticky from maple syrup hehehehe

    ReplyDelete