Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Horse Hill

AhD and I traveled over Horse Hill on an old county road on Memorial Day. I have been wanting to take that trail for about 15 years now, and have just never gotten around to it. Turns out my riding companion had always wanted to explore that part of our area before also, but SHE had never gotten around to it. Made for a good ride, and two very happy and contented people about five hours later. I assume the horses were happy and contented as well. Here is AhD, overlooking one of the beautiful views. As you can see, it is hazy, due to the fires in Canada. I actually ran around looking out all my windows early that morning, wondering which one of my neighbor's houses was on fire.
The route over the hill was beautiful, part road, part trail, part field. We met some friends along the way. This nice gentleman asked if our horses were tired and hauled a 5 gal pail of water for them, and then he proceeded to tell us about another beautiful trail we can take some other day.
AhD is wearing hemlock, which helps keep the deer flies at bay.
AhD was a Wonder Trail Horse on this ride. He gave me not one lick of trouble and didn't question my authority. He did snatch leaves from time to time, but if that is the worst thing I can say about my beloved pony, I guess we are doing quite a good job of becoming a finely tuned team. Both of us were so relaxed on this ride; what a delight to be able to get out and about and enjoy my most favoritest horse in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment