Friday, June 25, 2010

Wow have we been busy around here

I have been so busy with farm/horse/riding related things that I have limited time on the computer.  Congratulations to the winners from the May mini challenge - I lost steam about it when my horse injured herself and we couldn't do all the things that I had planned to do..... but it has motivated me to get busy with another of my Curlies that needs to be trained to ride - so *Joey is getting quite a bit of work these days and &*Bobble is nearly ready to hook up to the cart - he is driving in hand so well these days - such a good boy!

But what my post is really about is last weekend and our endurance ride in Alberta - my SO and I hauled two of our horses 12 hours to attend a memorial ride for a friend of his and wow did we have a great time!  The weather was a bit of a challenge for us as up until now it has been very cool and the ride day was hot and humid and my horse had some issues coping with the temperatures, but he did complete the ride and he was okay - well.....they won't let you continue if the horse is NOT okay!

I actually brought my daughter's horse *Cuervo to this ride - I had planned to bring *Charm, but of course she is off work for the time being and the other two horses, one is not vaccinated and the other doesn't travel as well, so *Cuervo got to go and do the ride with me - he was a very good boy - well, he always is!  So here we are, my SO and I having a fun on the ride in Devon, Alberta:

4 comments:

  1. Shelly,

    I have been meaning to write in to the lists to tell you that this is a great picture of you and your SO. It just looks like you are just having a blast on that ride together so happy, relaxed and free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Zoe; this picture is awesome and your ride sounds great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you and your SO!! You both look GREAT! (AND happy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all - we are really having so much fun this year! This coming weekend we will be taking FIVE horses to another endurance ride here in BC - this time we will have THREE Curlies along!

    ReplyDelete