Monday, June 21, 2010

Three Hours of Bliss

This post is dedicated to Denise to thank her for giving us this opportunity to meet other Curly owners all across the country and enjoy their stories.

In the cooler late afternoon hours, I trailered AhD over to Poland Springs to join up with friends of ours, Ulla and Gabby. It was still quite hot, but since they live on the lake, there was a good breeze coming off the water. I saddled up western with my faded red and turquoise saddle blanket. Hope Harold likes the color as much as he did last year! Off we went on some familiar trails, armed with fly repellent to keep the deer flies at bay. Didn’t really work, so we resorted to natural methods. First or last, my pony was awesome! I am enjoying him so much this year. We explored some trails we haven’t been on for a year, and then we went on to some new county for me and Didder. We had so many choices; it was fantastic! We decided to trot along the road quite a long way, and guess who was good as gold??? Yep, even with passing cars! I was thinking of Betsy and all her road and highway trotting. We turned on to a back road, and passed the place where the driveway to the old famous Poland Spring resort had been. It was quite a place in the day. Now, the stone steps are covered with moss and the pathway is a power line, but some day I would like to explore that area further. Back in the woods, we hit some of our favorite haunts and enjoyed the beauty of the bog in the setting sun.
We hit the big field on the way out and on the way back, and it was just as fun both ways! No sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, either, about that wwwiiiidde open space. AhD and I just trotted and cantered right up the side of it, just as relaxed and joyful as could be! Aren’t our Curlies just so wonderful? I hope you RACers are able to get out and about and enjoy the summer with your Curlys!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...thank you susan!! What a great post! You and AHD are doing amazing! What a good boy and brave leader you are! Keep it up Susan....love your posts and pics. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    I agree with Denise...and the three hours you and AhD share are worth more than weeks in a therapist chair{:>
    Big hugs to you both,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, ha ha you are so right! My life seems so much simpler when I am on the back of a good horse. :) Denise, thanks for the compliments, not sure I deserve them, but AhD sure does!!

    ReplyDelete