Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Out with Baby!!





Well, it's been a while since we've checked in....
Miss D had a beautiful foal - a colt by the name of "Lakota High Socks".

Lakota is a curious, very friendly, happy-go-lucky young lad.
He was born on a full moon - April 28th.
A very easy birth for Deams - her water broke - and Lakota was out within 5 minutes - standing and nursing within 20 minutes. A big healthy boy.

I was there for the birth - and started the desensitizing (within reason) right from birth. He has been extremely approachable - willing to be handled - and just fantastic (so far) :-)

We have been working with the halter - and took our first neighborhood walk - with mom and baby yesterday.

I hope to be back riding soon - any recommendations? My hope is to start short and easy - with baby either ponying - or following along with mom. (I have logging trails right behind my house).

I absolutely love this little guy - he is the "poster child" for the intelligent, good natured Curly breed!





No comments:

Post a Comment