Sunday, June 27, 2010

Daddy's in the Game Now....

I've been slow getting going with the horses this year. Late last summer I got involved with SAR training with my big dog, Tucker, and his ongoing training has consumed much of my free time. I am enjoying the challenge and now that Sheryl has put me in touch with a fellow who has expertise in equine scent detection I am back with the horses with renewed vigour.

As of now I have 3 horses in steady training - *Roz & *Ruby (both 3 year old filllies) and *Moon, who is a 5 year old gelding and is the sire of Donna's Linus whom we've all read so much about! And, for the record, great stallions really do make even greater geldings. As he was greenbroke as a late 3 year old, he has been on the trails for the last week or so getting back into the swing of things and now we are back in the schooling pen getting him working with a bridle and bit (he's been in a bosal until now) As has been the case with him all along, new things are such a non-event. I'll have more news and photos as we move on in his training.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, wow, what a handsome guy! Looking forward to hearing more from you as his training progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi is stunning, Lynn! GREAT photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognised him right away!! He looks great all tacked up!!! Can't wait to get back up for a visit!! Obvious where Linus gets his "everything is a non-event" attitude. 'Make My Day' was absolutely the perfect name for him!

    ReplyDelete