Friday, June 18, 2010

Finally Some Time to Ride!

I think everyone is taking a vacation from blogging after our fierce May competition. I miss hearing from everyone; what have you been up to? We haven't been up to much in June, because June is graduation month, and that is what I have been busy attending to, but AhD and I have been out for a couple of spectacular rides. This photo was taken from the top of my mother-in-law's field. Every once in a while I trailer AhD over there, and I just love riding to the top of this field and soaking in that view!
We went for a sweet ride last night. When AhD saw me coming up the field with bridle in hand, wearing my helmet, I distinctly heard him say, "Pick me! Pick me!" He came right up to me at a fast clip, shouldered his buddy out of the way and dropped his head for the bridle. Unbelievable! So, I figured, hey, I'll hitch a ride down to the barn and climbed on to a big rock for mounting. I was clumsy, and thumped AhD in the side pretty hard as I clambored on, but he didn't seem to mind one bit. He did enjoy the attention from my apology, though. I decided on Western tack for a change, and once tacked up and out on the trail, AhD was fabulous! Forward and alert, but not looking for spooks. My Lab Grace was right at our heels, enjoying the streams we crossed and especially the ponds we passed. She dove into a pond down at the sandpit, and AhD watched her nervously, which really tickled my funny bone. It was too dark for picture taking in the woods last night, but I hope to get some new photos for you over the weekend. Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Susan! Thanks for taking the time to post! I too was getting "blog adventure" withdrawls!!! =] Leave it to susan and ahd to keep us entertained! LOVE the picture it is so beautiful! Glad you had a great ride. What a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love the photo of you and AhD in the beautiful green meadows. This is summer time at it best spending time in a green, peaceful, meadow with a good equine friend.
    AhD has a great sense of humor as do you dear friend....cant wait to see the photos of you and AhD checking out the water like Grace....{:>

    ReplyDelete