Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Show Time!


This last weekend was awesome - Saturday was dedicated to the horses. First we trailered to the Kootenai County Fairgrounds and my 3 year old gelding - Khatmoondhu - entered the halter class and competed against the quarter horses and we got 3rd Place. It was a great experience just to get him off the farm and into the wide world - he did really well, but was a little fidgety during the halter class. He is also coming along great under saddle, in fact, our trainer suggested that I enter him in the colt breaking competition next month because he is such a calm, responsive horse.

My daughter rode her mini and won a trophy. I'm jealous!! Since he's not a Curly I am posting her pix on my private blog.

And then I trailered Traveler up to Deepcreek for a 2 1/2 hour jumping lesson on the cross country course. He loved it - we had 6 mares in our class and he was so happy. LOL. I wish we had some pix to share - it was a beautiful day and a great time. We even were able to jump a couple of training level jumps (I was kinda nervous at these) but he cleared them well and was looking for the next fence. He is such a fun horse to ride - he never hesitates at the logs, water, ramps, houses or ditches. Of course, it helps if we are following a mare over a fence.

We are on foal patrol at the ranch - anytime now we should have another Traveler baby. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. That gelding of yours is just about THE most handsome thing I have ever seen, and I have been admiring him from afar for quite some time now. Excellent post! How about some more jumping pictures, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete