Sunday, October 31, 2010

Beech Riding !



As I wrote on my farm blog this morning,  I still yearn for a ride on the beach after seeing Susan's post from last year along the NH shoreline ! This is as close to a Beech ride I am ever going to get I think :)

Friday, Zoe and one of our volunteers, Kelli, and I went out for a trot with Yemaya, Winter Dancer, and of course Keri.





We got into an area of forest which is primarily Beech trees ... very beautiful !! Beech are one of my favorites.



We took a short detour off the trail to ride by the pond for some glamour shots.  Since both Yemaya and Dancer are for sale -- I thought maybe I could get a few nice photo's of them with the pond as a backdrop.






You can see Dancer is tired.. she has not been out on the trail since 2009 !  What a trouper -- she was in the lead for much of the time and did not balk at a thing.


Yemaya is the champ at all she does... loves a nice trail. With her rich deep red chestnut coloring she is the perfect Autumn mount !!



Keri was somewhat antsy about this venture and she decides she is not going to stand much longer for this foolishness of posing and photographing and admiring other horses !!   So it's back to riding trail...



















Through the white pine maze and on home !

No roaring of sea water crashing on the shores- but a nice Beech ride none the less. :)


Lots more photo's - as usual -- on the farm blog :)














Our neighborhood Ghoul says.. Happy Halloween :)

6 comments:

  1. b-e-a-u-tiful beech trees! Yemaya and Winter Dancer look like wonderful mares. Too bad Dancer doesn't get out much...maybe I should come visit and take her out for a spin.
    We need to get you to come up to Maine and ride on the real beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- Susan.. you do need to come down and ride with us. Dancer is always asking to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Betsy--I suspect a Beech ride may be as close as I get. :) Dancer is beautiful, and what a great temperament to lead like that after a year off the trails. Sage is much the same way and I love that temperament in our brave trail-blazing Curlies. (Brie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have it all, beautiful scenery, gorgeous Curlies and great weather for a trail ride - who could ask for more?
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome play on words there Betsy! You are SO clever. LOVED the pics SO much!

    ReplyDelete