Sunday, October 17, 2010

catch up...again

Well, time to play catch up! We've had a very crazy few weeks. Most recently, my Grandmother passed away suddenly. She was not ill or anything and it came as a huge shock to us all. So, this is the first time I have even been on the computer in all of October I think. Or close to it anyway.
Thank goodness Linus has been getting more time than the computer!! I had him out today since we had a very nice fall day. I just used the surcingle, bitless bridle and lines so that we could practice cues. He was pretty frisky but settled quickly and did a pretty good job.
I have had to put him in the barn a few times because the rains have been so heavy. The new neighbouring house isn't completely landscaped and their runoff is going right into his pasture! Every time I lead him to or from the barn he gets better and better. It used to be a bit of a chore because he was so excited. When he's like that I just circle him until he gives up. Lately he's been walking calmly with his head just below my shoulder. It's so great to have him so obedient.
Unfortunately I deleted his pictures before I loaded them on the computer. Hopefully I can soon get some up.
Congrats to the September mini-challenge winners! What a fun month. I should have a magazine within the next two weeks with my article in it!! So excited to see that!!

5 comments:

  1. Donna,
    My condolences to you and your family. Healing prayers are coming your way.
    Linus sounds wonderful and it's amazing how our equine friends can be so understanding at our lowest moments.
    Keep up the good work,
    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your Grandmother.
    I'm glad you have had time to share with Linus and I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Donna, I am so sorry about your Grandmother. Please accept our deepest condolences. It is nice to have you back with us, sharing your wonderful Linus stories. You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. It's true in times where I want to be alone I actually spend it with Linus or a few favourite old cows. Cheers!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, I am very sorry to hear of your Grandmother....my best to you and yours. Isn't it comforting to have Linus or those favorite old cows to spend those "alone" times with?!??! The animals work wonders around our ranch. Sounds as though Linus and you are headed towards being great riding partners when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete