Monday, October 25, 2010

More Fall Riding Goin' On

Yep, Didder and I made it out and about again last weekend. He was feeling very...spicy. I don't think I have a single picture of him where he isn't holding his head taut and high.I think he looks quite regal in this photo, don't you?

There is no deer hunting allowed on Sundays in Maine, so my son Ian and I donned red and orange(just in case of anyone searching for a wounded deer), saddled up, and headed out behind the house. The woods were so beautiful! Tons of yellow leaves still on the trees, and a litter of multicolored ones line the wooded paths.Bright reds can still be found, even though it is late in the season.
AhD likes riding side by side.Almost like the Keri/Teasel pair. ;0) but with mother/son aboard instead of mother/daughter, and if we trotted, AhD would leave Al in the dust.
Here, AhD has spied my daughter out walking the dogs along the powerline. I am glad we did not come upon them suddenly. I yelled out a greeting to her, and when she answered, I could see AhD visibly relax. My nephew uses that bench to site in his rifle, and what with all the shooting going on lately and the new targets here and there, AhD's curls have been ruffled for a solid week.

Happy Fall trails, fellow RACers!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, no hunting on Sundays in Maine? I want to move there! =] Your pics are awesome and so nice for you both to get out and enjoy the last of the fall colors. The coolest thing about fall is that even when the leaves are gone, they are still crunching under your feet! =] Great pics, thanks for sharing, Susan....AHD looks awesome as always. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Looks like another great ride for you beautiful country and a great horse. How lucky can you be.
    We had several inchs of rain yesterday and last night it turned to snow, we also had over sixty mile an hour wind so I spent the early hours this am cutting trees off my fence line, ten trees down.
    Have a great week like the great pictures
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan....looks like you need to keep posting! It is sure to bring our our buddy Harold EVERYTIME! Sure miss hearing about your rides, Harold. Have you been on Curly at all this year? Hope you are feeling OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harold, Great to hear from you, and thanks for the compliments! I am NOT jealous of your high winds and snow. It has snowed here only once, and it didn't stick on the ground. It has been windy, but nothing like your weather, and we STILL have plenty of colorful leaves ~ I don't ever remember a year when they have lasted this late. Not complaining!

    ReplyDelete