Monday, October 18, 2010

Hunter Pace - Traveler wins!

We headed out last weekend to the new Horse Park in Cle Elum, WA for the Hunter Pace put on by the Equestrian Institute. My daughter always asks me when we go to a horse event why I didn't "win"? (She's four years old.) Well, this time we did!

It was so much fun, we rode Saturday in the Red Fox (the fastest) division and placed 2nd with our team members. Traveler (my stallion and I) and 2 other riders hit a 2 mile course that went through the woods with different obstacles to jump - logs, tables, house, barrels, etc. We did every jump even the training level "house". I was so proud of Traveler, he led the group over the fences and we came in 2nd with our 12 minute time.

So on Sunday we learned that we needed to get a 9 minute run and we flew around the course and over the jumps and it was the best fun I have ever had. And we made it through in 9 minutes and we won 1st place! My first 1st place ribbon on my old boy.

GO Traveler GO! This is the reason why we ride 10 metre circles and practice and practice, so when it comes down to the wire, you have the ability to put it all together and "fly".

What a great why to end our season!

4 comments:

  1. HOLY COW!!! Liz, that is AMAZING!! Great job...my palms were sweating thinking of that speed over all those jumps and obstacles. You are a brave woman!! And Traveler took such great care of you...such a TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo,
    Way to go....just reading your note took my breathe...Traveler sounds awesome...gotta see photos of ya'll soon{:>
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto, here, I don't know what else to say except that I am so impressed with everything you have done with Traveler this year. You set the bar high for the rest of us RACers, that's for sure. Congratulations! I would have LOVED to have seen the competition for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Liz and Traveler! What a spectacular way to end the season. The two of you have made incredible leaps and bounds, so to speak, this year with each other and the promoting of Curly horses! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete