Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall foliage and workin horses






*C- C Hanalei

Hello all you fellow RAC'ers !! jeepers it has been a LONG time since I posted any news. Most recently I have been working with my weanlings. All are now halterbroke and lead nicely. I have been very pleased with their progress. This year has been an exception to the norm around here. My health issues and loads of late pasture left the babies on pasture and on their dams a little longer than usual. No one complained! But..as of yesterday, all our horses are back out, in one big herd ;-) the foals are weaned and growing up. I honestly swear that "Hanalei" was the easiest foal I have ever had to halterbreak...we did lots of face petting and cuddling and she took to the halter and leading like she had been doing it for years!

I did a bunch of RAC ground work with our yearling "*C-C Heartfires Spark" She is coming along so nicely, catches, leads, ties, stands for all sorts of grooming and even face washing. *C-C Hanalei was the easiest foal we have ever hard to halter break. I do spend alot of time playing with my youngsters faces before I really get serious about halter breaking, so they usually are halter broke and don't even know it yet! Leading beside her human has come very natural for her.



*C-C Hearfires Spark

Henri has been another fun one to work with. He is a little quieter than Hanalei, he will stand back while the "big sister" explores anything they discover. That quiet and calm guy will make a stellar riding horse, and now that he is weaned he is starting to show more and more of his personality. I LOVE it !!! We raised over 40 foals here, and they all have been so different..sure siblings have some similarities, but all in all, they all have different personalities, and we enjoy discovering the little things about each and every one of them.



*C-C Henri


It was also time to do some video and new photos...so I will enclose some of those...video links ( hope that is OK Denise, and the favorite shot of each from our work.

I enjoy SO much working with these highly intelligent horses, they all have their personalities, and I love finding out how each and everyone of them learns and grows. They are all offered for sale, along with some other youngster, all our listed on CHC and my website www.creeksidecurlies.net

Here are the video links!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d1ShqDp-pE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63GhTfF4zn0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LowHHIOzVyE

enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ok Linda...quit taunting me with your lovely pictures & video!! LOL. I'd like Dark Knight, Henri, Princess and Spark please! Just kidding!! But they are my favorites....! Your post was just fine...you included RAC hours in ground training and just added links to more info. That's perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, you can't have Henri because I want him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Wouldn't he be flashy to ride around and promote the breed? Of course, for us that would be strictly the trail...he'd look smashing in fine western tack, don't you think?? =] I love DK, Princess and Spark's kind eye. =]

    ReplyDelete