Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ride With a View


Just look at this fabulous scenery! I have been wanting to return to Norway and ride with Doris and Grace, and the planets must have aligned perfectly to get AhD and me there at this time of year. This view is just incredible, isn’t it? Doris took these pictures for me. We had a great ride, maybe even better than the last one. No rolling this time; I guess it was because AhD was not embarrassed by the western saddle (per Harold). AhD WAS pretty frrrissskkkyy a few times when we cantered. He was bounding up in the air for joie de vivre, I guess. I spoke sharply to him and he settled down, a bit grudgingly, but, hey, no one’s perfect. And I was having sooo much fun, it didn’t bother me! What a ride! We explored a new trail that Grace and Doris had just discovered the previous weekend. The wooded scenes were beautiful as well.
When we came upon a fork in the trail near a stream crossing, Doris explained that we were avoiding the stream because of Justin the Morgan’s fear. I said, “How about we go that way and I cross the stream with AhD to show him it’s not scary?” So, we did! It took us about 20 minutes, but in the end, after AhD had crossed the stream with and without the bridge about 10 times, Justin was across and even willing to go back and stand on the bridge! It was a win-win, and we were all happy. I was so proud of my Curly!!!! Especially when Doris complemented him on how he was willingly backing up over the bridge in front of Justin on my cue. I am still so proud about it that I’m smiling thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. Ssoooooo gorgeous, Susan!!! You and AHD look happy and stunning as always. Sounds like you had some good moving out moments! Wonderful!! Thank you for posting and sharing your awesome fall riding with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Susan, I am so happy to see you with a good saddle that makes your horse so proud looking. You look so comfy in it also.
    You sure seem to have great scenery, I don't have to ride any more just look at you pics and I feel like I'm there. Great Great job.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete