Monday, May 11, 2009

Another great day in Minnesota

First off congratulations to the Mini Winners this month, a lot of work done.
Now Denise an Susan, just so you know we are still riding in the north country, I will eventually bring the camera along for more pictures , the trees are starting to bloom and some flowers are opening up. What a natural high today with the wonderful smell of nature all around, no matter where we went was the sweet smell of spring popping,
We only seen five deer today and 2 sandhill cranes with far to many ducks to count!!!!!!!! Its funny how the horses flinch when you first start out on the trail from the ducks taking off and squawking but after an hour the horse doesn't even seem to notice any more.
Oh we also seen 3 canadian geese but scared them off before they could attack. Susan I didn't see any Meese today, but we had a great ride 16 miles and building for our trip.
Maybe a camera next time
Harold

2 comments:

  1. Sixteen miles, YEE-HAW! Glad you had a good ride and that you and Curly Boy are getting in shape. What color was your saddle blanket? I saw a heron on my last ride, but it was too far away for a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold,

    That's a good one to desensitize my horses - squawking ducks!

    Sounds like a great ride - can I bring my Big Horn Saddle and join you?

    Angie

    ReplyDelete