Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dolly Update: Cart and Obstacles

This entry will cover a couple of weeks.

Dolly kicking at the butt strapsFirst, my husband and I took 4 hours one day to hook up Dolly to a real cart! The hardest part was getting her used to the harness. She HATED the butt straps. At first, she kicked and kicked at them. So my husband worked her for a while. Pretty soon Dolly learned that every time she kicked, she'd be made to stop, turn, and go the other direction. To her, that's a real pain. She really hates to change direction. She soon decided that it was easier to just refrain from kicking, and thus not have to change direction so often...

Dolly with harness Once she had that down, we were ready to walk the cart along side her, and then behind her, and then sort of connect it to her, etc...

And eventually...
(That's Dolly pulling my husband!) (and that is a little bell on the front...cute)Dolly pulling the cart!

Dolly pulling me!And after that, I got to try directing her with the actual lines (but my husband stayed nearby with the lead line, just in case anything went wrong).

As soon as I post this entry, he and I are going to go try this again.
But first, I'll post the rest of my obstacle pictures:

Dog tunnel
Around the neck Around the head Around the neck Around the neck Scary? Craaaazy bucket!
Tunnel vision
Click here for a really sweet (but large) picture of Dolly and my husband


Party blowers (we must have spent an hour getting her used to these! They were the only things that bothered her)
Party blowers Party blowers

Umbrella
Umbrella Umbrella on Dolly

Silly string I didn't get a photo of the silly string in action. She didn't like it too much, but didn't freak when it hit her.
Silly string

Obstacle course "Flags" and hanging streamers... which Dolly thought were great fun!!
Dolly eating streamers Dolly eating streamers Dolly eating streamers Dolly streamers and flags Dolly course

4 comments:

  1. You and Dolly are true champs. She is not only beautiful but so smart. My favorite was the dog tunnel and that hubby joined in and help was awesome. Great job!

    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture is Dolly bucking at the breaching! That is hilarious! I need to get AhD in harness; driving is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good job!!! She looks amazing in a harness, pulling that cart. Also loved all the obstacle photos...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everybody! I really enjoyed this obstacle month.

    ReplyDelete