Monday, May 25, 2009

Cinnamon River and Angie - are back in the big horn saddle again!


Hello Dear Friends,

The song says "Cowgirls Don't Cry" - well it's not true - they do, but when they have had a good bawl they get up, brush themselves off and get back in the saddle.

Well, I am back in my saddle with the big horn.
I'm a member of an association called International Professional Horse Development Association. It is a great group of horse friends who video their rides and submit for judges to give suggestions on how to improve you riding; i.e. balance seat, rein and bit control while competing with other members throughout the world with the same patterns mainly for bragging rights but they also have jackpots for the winners which help cut down on expenses. I meet the founder, Rod Miller, through my good friends and wonderful trainers, Chris and Caren Ruthven and kept meaning to submit a ride. Well as they say, there is no time like today and when I tasted the sweet yet bitter fact of how short life can be I decided to make it ....this day. Visit their website..
www.iphda.com ...it would be great to have you join us - it's all done on line. With time so short, its nice to ride and compete without leaving your place, pay for gas, lodging etc.

Also, I think this is a great way to introduce others around the world to our wonderfully, trained and special Curly horses.

You can visit my entry on YouTube - I tried to load it on our blog but it was too large of a file - I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/user/againe23#all/uploads-all/0/4Y02wa320gE


Hugs, Angie

2 comments:

  1. Angie, sorry to hear about your loss, and I'm sure glad for you that your horse is helping you deal with the sadness. I enjoyed your video! You two look SHARP, and more importantly, Cinnamon River looks like he is enjoying the ride as much as you are. It's not just about riding, is it? The best to both of you and keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I hope all things work out for you and your days are brighter as you go along.
    Also I still think you should send me you neat saddle so I can have a place to put my coffee cup when I ride.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete