Saturday, May 16, 2009

Full of Beans



Loco. Crazy. Energized. Spastic. Good words to describe AhD the Curly today. First, he was pretending that he had to pee. He would stop and stretch...but I KNEW he didn't have to because he had just gone. It was his game to try and snatch some grass, but I was on to it. I think this patch of grass was just too tempting. Then, for some reason, he was jumping every rock, log or twig we passed over. This is a new thing, and very interesting. Most of the little jumps were like crow hops. He was just full of it!
We did a few stream walks. As you can see, the trees are all leafed out now. Didn't take long! The woods were gorgeous, but I didn't really get to lolligag and enjoy the scenery. Had fun anyway. hey, for once I was color-coordinated. How do you like this, Harold?
Coming back out of the woods, AhD decided "his" steers must be horse-eating creatures. He started acting just like he did when we ran into the moose a couple of weeks ago, and he fooled me for a while. He was doing the stallion snort and basically running in place. He earned the right to back up about 50 times on the way home. Silly boy! :)

3 comments:

  1. Susan , It looks great colors and all, I was wondering if you had woodticks around there???
    I must admit your woods look beautiful, must be a joy and wonderful smells riding there.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan, Just a thought. When Reese did the things AHD is doing, his back was actually sore. I know it sounds strange, but the peeing and the crow hopping over a jump were signs for me that something was wrong. I thought he was acting up too, but after a chiro adjustment, he was back to his perfect self. ;-) He still has to pee more than any horse I know, but not like before. I would maybe get that checked out if you can. ;-)

    p.s. Sure is great seeing Harold working his way around the new format!! Even posting his own stories, that's fabulous. Sorry I didn't comment...it has been so crazy here. ;-) Keep it up Harold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am convinced your AhD is one of the smartest horses I have ever seen....and he is lucky to have your love and attention.

    Best wishes,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete