Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cinnamon River is my equine "son"shine.....


Hello All,


Having three sons has taught me a lot in life! First, kids will fight over the silliest things and watch what you say because it will be repeated at the most inappropriate time and place. Still, most importantly I have learned you can love all three sons equally yet differently and that they all have their different weakness and strengths. It is my job as a mother to help them discover how best to handle this and be the best person they can be.


Well, that applies to my wonderful horses too!


I love all my horses dearly and yes, they are all different. Lakota is my little Dennis the Menace.... well, at 15.2 he is not little but he will play Jolly ball in the pasture and picks up his feed bowl to give Mama a big hint - it's time to eat! Chester is a sweet soul. You can hear his soft thoughts and know that he has your best interest in mind when you are in the saddle with him.....But, remember he is a stallion and makes sure the Girls know he is there to be their man! Curly J is the youngest and is still finding his place in our herd. He loves Chester and they eat out of the same feed bowl together when they can....At three years old Curly J is a teenager and acts like one - goofy!

Then there is Cinnamon River ...he is my soul mate.....He knows what I'm thinking - I can tell. His soft sensitve eyes watch me as if to say; "are you OK Mama? ...Let's go for a ride and talk". Cinnamon River is a gentle horse with a lovely gait. He may be gaited but either way his ride is great for me. I feel a connection with River that I have not felt for a long time. He makes everything I do in life, all the mucking, shoveling, working and toiling - worth the few hours I can spend with him.

Cinnamon River is my equine "son"shine.....

3 comments:

  1. Angie,
    Sounds like you are haveing a great time with the horses, that is good
    Sure you can bring you big horn saddle and ride with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see how good your horse is with the Canadian geese as they come at us.
    I have to take a picture of my horse so Susan can see my bright red saddle blankey !!
    Have fun
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe - what a nice Mommy you are! Great comments!

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your blog, CONGRAUTLATIONS, grammy!! Tomahawk is adorable. I was surprised to see you had her out on a blanket; you have done a fantastic job of getting two wild horses to trust you.

    ReplyDelete