Monday, May 25, 2009

A Couple of Nice Weekend Rides

Here's a couple of pictures from my first weekend ride. It was very relaxing. AhD and I just moseyed around close to home. I let him eat quite a bit midway of our ride and also after we got back.






AhD doesn't seem to mind the dogs at all when they are in the pen and he gets to eat the sweet clover off of the lawn.



Here we are taking a long break up on top of Sanitorium Hill. My friend Ulla trailered her Morgan Dozie over for a trail ride. The horses were super and AhD didn't kick Ebony the Dane once. He had some pretty ugly body language for her, but he held himself in check. AhD and Dozie did an awesome job on the long trek up the rocky, winding trail to the top. We took the road part of the way back, and had a good trot past the apple orchard.
We also had some good canters thrown in along the way. AhD cantered nicely ahead or behind and gave me no sass. I had a blast! The one time he really gave me a hard time was when Dozie had to blow off some steam so Ulla galloped her around a big loop of trail while I held AhD back. He did not like his newfound trail buddy leaving him! We did some loop-de-loops of our own without going much of anywhere. :) But alls well that ends well; Dozie came back and AhD learned he didn't die from the experience. A good lesson. Boy was this ride ever refreshing and rejuvinating to the soul. I am comfortably tired and well satisfied. Hey Harold and Denise! I wore my blue RAC tee to match my blue saddle blanket. Happy trails to you fellow RACers!

4 comments:

  1. Susan.
    Looks like you are putting on a lot of miles and AdH is doing really well, you must really be proud of yourself. It looks like you are getting a lot of hours in, I may have to work a little harder.
    I just unloaded the trailer from being out in the Bad Lands, we had severe rain problem so we had to leave early but had a very great time.
    I'm very tired so is Curly boy so we are off to bed.
    Like your new colors
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold!!!! I am sure that I speak for many when I say I WANT TO HEAR ALL ABOUT THE BADLANDS TRIP! When are you going to post? Maybe you could even do several smaller posts to keep us all in suspense over a few days and eager to hear "the rest of the story". You gotta learn how to work your audience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, my brother has the pictures and when I get them you will see them.
    The wind was blowing so hard out there that I'm not sure that Curlies hair didin't go straight, I may have to use my curling iron to get him back to normal.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look smashing in your matching blue shirt, Susan!! I am glad you had a great ride & canter on AHD. Whooo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete