Monday, May 2, 2011

Big Brother

Linus had a few things to celebrate today.
1) he officially graduated from his green rope halter. It's too small and rubbing his prominent cheek bones (that ruggedly handsome look!) So, I'm deciding between a blue one and a red with black one to see which I like best. Today he wore the blue one.
2) OYY Uptown Girl (Lucy) has a Birthday today!! Happy Birthday Momma!!!
3) Linus became a big brother in the wee hours today so his baby sister, Midge, shares the same day with their mother and all 3 are born in the same month. (Linus officially turns 2 later this month)
We've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this sibling. Linus and I were so happy for the great news that we celebrated. We are about 2.5 hours away from Homefire Curly Horses (Lynn Downer) in Stirling, ON. There will be a visit in the near future but for now we did this:




His lessons in standing still are paying off and he was a great boy today while I dressed him.
We used a light pink old sheet, some dark pink lace and you can't see it but there is also light pink lace in his tail and his tail is braided. He also has pink feathers in his forelock.



Oh you can see his dressed up tail in this picture. What a sport to put up with me!! : )
I should have taken a picture of his braided tail. It looked really cool showing all of the colours in it from gold to black!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY AND MIDGE ~ Love Donna & Linus
Lunenburg, ON Canada


5 comments:

  1. TOTALLY ADORABLE!! Linus looks MARVELOUS in Pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really something! I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so COOL! And Happy Birthday Lucy and Midge.
    But what is is with you girls and Pink LOL.

    I have a sugestion...I was looking for a riding rain slicker since we are washed away here and guess what I found a PINK one LOL...it's not my color though hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Donna, I saw a picture of Midge on facebook and she is adorable...but not exactly a matched pair for Linus, is she? Your sign is too cute. You have such a good sense of humor, but don't you think Linus is going to look back on this when he is 20 and be appalled that you put pink bows in his forelock????? -Susan in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! Pink is not at all my colour either. Just did it for the "girls". I didn't get my match but that's ok. I was hoping Lynn would get a curly girl with the same personality as Linus. They are full siblings. She's beautiful. Donna

    ReplyDelete