Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I don't actually know when or if each of the RAC represented countries has their Mother's Day, but here in Canada, it was today. I know it varies because my Scottish husband always misses the one back home because it's a couple months earlier than ours. I had a blast today spending my time with my son Owen and then of course, Linus!
He was a very good boy again today. I did have to do a bit of reminding with picking up the feet again but he quickly gave in and we got that taken care of. I put the Bitless and the bareback pad on today. I didn't get on him but I like to put some form of tack on him a few times a week. I like to change it up too so it isn't always the same thing. I really am hoping to get in some driving time with him soon! It will be ground only though since I am still cart shopping!
Dressed in my best! I love how calm and "with me" he is in these 2 pictures. I was lucky enough for my husband to have accompanied us on our walk today and he took some pictures for me.


Linus just had his grooming and a bit of a snack and now I'm about to change his halter for his bridle. He was very light and responsive in the Bitless today.



It was actually a great test for Linus today for a few reasons. With my husband there, there was a few times where he had to hold Linus for me while I helped Dad with Allie. Stu is a bit more nervous around horses because he hasn't spent much time around them and is pretty allergic to say the least (which is why I got Linus...I'm not allergic) Linus did try to test him a bit but thankfully Stu stood his ground and then Linus was a gentleman. He will test anyone new but as soon as he knows you won't let him get away with anything he's just fine. When we brought them in from the grassy spot Stu led him for me while I led Allie and again Linus was a great boy. Didn't rush the gate or anything. He actually did very well since I stopped Allie before going through the gate so she wouldn't rush it. She has issues with small spaces. Getting better though. It helps having Linus who will go through about anything. When I walked him over for some grass I took him through a space just barely wider than him. It was long too because it was where the haywagon was parked beside the stock trailer. He was not concerned at all!
On the road we met several vehicles today. No reaction. We met a crew replacing the roof of a house that had a fire, a tractor, a deck being built, a lawn mower and a dog that had no fear of horses and ran right under Linus! He took it all in stride and didn't put a foot out of place. He really was stellar today...must be setting an example for his new baby sister!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Donna! Can't wait until you do your ground driving again! I thought that was really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janeen, I do enjoy it! It keeps him in the practice of it too.

    ReplyDelete