Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Taste of Spring

Good Morning Curly Country!!!



Yesterday I couldn't get out of the office fast enough to get home and ride. We finally had a big bright glowing thing in the sky we haven't seen in days it seems like and it was warm out! I was only going to ride Marley to keep him in shape for our 3 day clinic next week so he won't be so sore and tired but my littlest wanted to ride as well so I worked Marley for about a half hour in a working trot, some loping, practiced a nice slow walk, side passing, turning on the hind, and backing. My goal is by year end I have him neck reining like a pro and I do have to say we are making progress. Marley was just being a goofy nut everytime we went by my planter up by the house so I finally had to stop what we where doing and go see what the issue was he was shying away from every time we went by there. I have an old wagon wheel leaned up the tree, he has seen a million times but today we where nervous about it. After we checked it out and it was ok, back to work we went. While I was working Marley, my hubby was nice and caught Larry for me (cause it takes forever to catch him) so when I was done brushing Marley I could go right over and start brushing Larry. (I also got in a short warm up session on Larry, trying to work on my horsemanship, how do I look?) I took Lane (my son) for a ride around the farm, did some circling, backing, standing, and then more riding down to the manure pile and up and around the yard. He said he finally had his share and thought it would be nice to let my hubby ride a little as well to give him a break from doing chores. I think he really enjoyed his ride. Farrier is due to come out for the first time this year tomorrow to get everyone their spring trims, they are all so long, but it has been so terrible muddy too, everyone will have to stay inside tomorrow and be crabby, oh well :) Today the weather is suppose to be a bit warmer but storms are suppose to move in again later and stay till Friday, all I know is the rain has to quite some time! Happy Riding :)


Marley, Larry, & Dana (MN)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this spring weather just a jolt to the senses? I love it! What is the clinic about? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete