Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spring Fever II

I always aim to work on something in particular with Linus almost every time we are out. I do like to have our relaxing walks but they always seem to have a lesson hiding somewhere too. Today, we put into practice our hoof lesson from yesterday. I didn't have to touch the carrot stick as wound up as Linus was. He is learning to hold himself in check and respect me regardless how much he wants to go. yay! He's getting so much better at standing patiently too. Tonight though he even managed to annoy Allie from the other side of the gates by picking on her! What a brat he can be! I know what their problem is though. There is loads and loads of fresh green grass all around them but the pastures are too wet to get them on it. The pasture would be ruined in no time and not last the summer. So, for now its hand grazing after our workouts.
Linus was on me right away tonight. I knew he was wound up but he really showed me how much he took away from our session yesterday. There was no song and dance today. He respected my cues and acted quick to get the job done. He's a fast learner!
I'm really looking forward to the nice weather we are supposed to have on the weekend so we can continue to work on our neck reining. It might even get warm enough for a bath which would be wonderful since it was only about 6C here today!! Was more like March weather than May weather.
Hopefully will get back to taking pictures again too! It's been too crappy out to bring the camera out or

1 comment:

  1. I know I have said this before, but you do such a good job with Mr. Personality. Let's see...smart and bratty and handsome...seems I know another horse like this... :)

    ReplyDelete