Friday, May 20, 2011

Long time no see!!!

Well hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, I have been super busy! I have finished by 3rd year of university, got a job, looking for another one, and OF COURSE riding! This weekend, which I'm sure we will blog about later, we have our first endurance ride in Rock Creek. I am so excited. I have been preparing for this ride for months by conditioning Bijou and myself. Bijou is getting SOOO fit. I was surprised when I asked her to move out and she flew past Tessa and mum on the trail. She is very competitive! The ride is this Sunday and the three of us, Mum, Warren and I will be doing 30 miles! Wish us luck!!! :)

Besides Bijou, I have just recently been working with our new mare Divinity. She came with Icon from Georgia and just needed some time to settle in before we did anything with her. So the past two days I have taken her out and worked with her, lunging and riding. I have no expectations for her right now, just to have fun. And what fun she is. I've just done some walking and a bit of trotting but I can really see her potential. I can't wait to really start working, probably after we get back from this weekend. She is surprisingly honest for a horse with such go...not sure how to explain that but I keep saying it over and over LOL

Anywho, here are a couple pictures from today that my mum took of us. Thanks mum!






4 comments:

  1. Being a university student is so demanding! I don't know how you find time to do other things! Your mare is beautiful! Keep us posted! Good luck this weekend! Endurance riding interests me, but I don't know that I'll ever do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh she looks so pretty! I've done an endurance ride it's a blast! I really want to do it again with Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you today, out doing your 30 mile endurance ride! I hope you post news of it here. Good luck in university; I have two in college and they are both relieved to be out for the summer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow good luck this weekend Anastasia. I can't wait to try an endurance ride with Linus!

    ReplyDelete