Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dressage training

Today again some more serious dressage training with Suri. She was doing great but when she gets warm and a bit sweaty she gets a bit lazy:)
The sidepasses she does very well. In walk I don't have much more I can ask, she does great. In trot the speed is not the same all the time nor is her head position, this is what we work on. Side passing we do now in walk, not yet in trot. I started slowly with the basic shoulder in, just a few steps after a small circle and also in walk. Canter I don't do much in the field, I prefer to get the trot better first and work on building her endurance. It's fun to be working on these things and to have such a responsive horse to work with!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing you so happy with your horses Jessica. You're going to be so ready when it comes time to ride Voelie. I am as anxious for your first ride on her as I was for my first ride on Linus!

    ReplyDelete