Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Joggin the beach for Jessica!


Happy Birthday, Jessica!!! Due to the heat our Monday ride was postponed til Tuesday a.m. My friend Karen and I decided to hit the trail as early as we could to avoid the heat and bugs. We aren't used to 85 deg, here in the upper part of Michigan and neither are our horses. LoL. We stuck to the beach because the deer flies were pretty nasty in the woods due to the high humidity..yes, even at 6:00 a.m.! I had to be back at work at 8:30 but it was perfect because it started warming up by then. We did a short trot and canter along the beach and it was like heaven. I took a few pics of Karen but I think you can see Bear's ears in one of them. =] Reese has been getting his fair share of rides too...and we are really having a wonderful summer so far of riding. My goal this summer is to expose Bear to as many new things as I can. This ride was good because he had not been hauled alone since we bought him and it was a nice short distance to meet up with karen....and it was a new place, new trail and new buddy. Bear took it all in stride...as long as there is food, he is a happy camper! =]



3 comments:

  1. Bear's ears are adorable. Deer flies are NUTS here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denise for riding on my birthday! It sounds like a great ride!

    ReplyDelete